Help Desk

What are the specific requirements for teaching English in Canada?

Most private language schools in Canada require ESL teachers to have a TESOL certificate accredited by TESL Canada and to hold a university degree.

The Advanced 120-hour TESOL Certificate and the 250-hour TESOL Diploma plus a supervised teaching practice component approved by OnTESOL do meet this criteria. (See