Help Desk

Are your courses recognized in China?

As a provider of TESL Canada-approved certification courses, OnTESOL is one of the few online institutes that meet the requirements for Canadian and international teachers interested in teaching English abroad.

Through Global Affairs, the Government of Canada authenticates TESOL, TESL, and TEFL certificates on the list of course providers recognized by TESL Canada or TESL Ontario.

Therefore, Canadian accreditation is required and essential to teach English in Canada and abroad. If you took a TESOL, TEFL, or TESL course that is not recognized by one of the main accrediting bodies, your job options abroad would be limited.

    • Related Articles

    • Do I need to learn a new language to teach English abroad?

      You don’t need to speak the local language to teach English abroad, but you should take advantage of your TESL experience to learn a new language for your own personal development. The English-only policy prevails in most programs and schools want ...
    • Is teaching experience required to teach English abroad?

      Teaching experience is not required to teach English abroad. Teaching experience may be required in native-English speaking countries, the Middle East, and Hong Kong, where teachers earn up to $70,000/year plus benefits.
    • If I am a non-native English speaker, can I teach abroad?

      While job opportunities do exist for non-native English speakers, the options are more limited. OnTESOL offers job placement assistance with Headstart, a recruitment company that occasionally hires non-native English speakers to teach English in Hong ...